[asterisk-users] Voicemail Playback Issue

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Wed Apr 4 16:54:43 MST 2007

Ever since upgrading from 1.2.X to 1.4.2, I'm having trouble with
voicemail.  When played back, the messages start out okay, but after 10
seconds or so, the playback speed starts to increase and the voice
becomes illegible.  It seems like some kind of audio timing problem.
Phone calls seem okay, in general.

I don't have any digium cards, but I am using ztdummy.  Ztdummy is
loaded properly, and zttest gives be 99+% ratings.  "zap show status" in
the asterisk console shows that ZTDUMMY is loaded into asterisk.

I've gone into the /var/spool/asterisk directory and played the WAV
files directly, and I hear the same problem.  So, I'm guessing the
problem is introduced when the voicemail is recorded.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I can debug?

Thanks,

Jim