[asterisk-users] RE: Using DUNDi in a failover environment

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:47:40 MST 2007

> Are there any documents/examples people have come across out there about
> using DUNDi to achieve load balancing/failover between 2 or more asterisk
> boxes? I've used DUNDi in the past, but primarily as a method of ensuring
> calls between locations take the lowest cost route (i.e. directly through
> the net rather than out as a PSTN call, across the PSTN, and back in at
> the other location).

This may help, using Dundi and SIP Realtime.

http://www.astricon.net/files/usa06/Friday-General_Conference/JR_Richardson_
Whitepaper.pdf

I've been using this setup for months, if a registration server fails, I can
still call the SIP phone by dipping the database for the full contact info.

JR

--
JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses