[asterisk-users] Cisco CAll Manger and H323

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 29 20:26:19 MST 2006

Greg wrote:
> 4.1.3 supports SIP trunks - I would HIGHLY recommend you move to that.
> Anything over 4.0 supports SIP trunking.

While it is true that CCM 4.0 and up supports SIP trunking, it is not
all rainbows an butterflies.  The 4.X series implimentation of SIP
requires a MTP, as the SCCP endpoints do not support standards based
DTMF.  Additionally only ulaw is supported.

In 5.X the SCCP endpoints now support RFC2833, but if you have Unity
or IOS gateways, switching everything to SIP is not trivial.  So for
some implimentations a decent H323 channel driver is still the best
option for integration.

Dan