[asterisk-users] A Step back with AddQueueMember() ?

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Sep 29 12:00:25 MST 2006

All,

The queue function AgentCallBackLogin() would take the name of an agent as an argument, and would log that agent into the queue they where associated with. We programmed our appearances on our Polycom phones to have a different appearance for each queue, and we'd send the caller id of the appearance as the name of the agent, thereby removing the need for the agent to enter their agent number.

I see though that the AddQueueMember() function requires a queue name as an argument. That makes the dialplan logic more complex as we somehow have to magically send the queue name that this agent belongs to from the phone to the dialplan.

Doug.