[asterisk-users] VMware and Digium TDM400P card

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Fri Sep 29 10:30:20 MST 2006

VMWare specifically states that it doesn't provide guest access to any
non-standard devices.  The guest operating systems only have access to
the disks, network, sound card, and USB ports (if they are not already
being used by another guest or host OS).  As such, VMWare is not a good
solution for Asterisk if you need access to any Digium boards.  The
trixbox configuration assumes that you are using only SIP and/or IAX
connections to Asterisk.