[asterisk-users] Replacing mpg123 with madplay under Solaris?

Frank Tarczynski ftarz at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 29 05:47:27 MST 2006

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.12.1 on a Solaris 10 box.  I've built mpg123
but it doesn't want to play well under Solaris so I want to replace it
madplay.

I've edited app/app_mp3.c and res/res_musiconhold.c to change the calls
for mpg123 to madplay with the appropriate options.

The madplay executable works find on this box from the command line but
is giving a segmentation fault when called from Asterisk.

Has anyone already done this switch?  Can they share some pointers?

Frank