[asterisk-users] PRI Backup

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Thu Sep 28 02:23:24 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 16:47 +0100, adebayo omo-dare wrote:
> I don't know if this may at sometime help mr Wood, but BT, with their
> ISDN30* actually offer something called Site Assurance - the problem
> is that it does not automatically fail over, and according to the last
> memo I read - failover takes about 1 hr.

Yes, I was thinking about ISDN2e. With ISDN30 BT gives you more options.
On ISDN2e BT only offers "Back in Business" which essentially means you
call them up and they divert the number to somewhere else. Helpful, but
not really quick enough.

> A problem is that, due to outsourcing, product ranges, size issues,
> etc, a lot of people on BT's frontline are not really keyed up to
> their product offerings. Who knowns, maybe the failover process has
> been automated at this point in time.

True. We buy PRIs from a wholesale retailer who resell BTs pris. It's technically the same thing
and they seem to be quite clued on what the line can do and what it
cannot. (Apart from being a fraction of the price).
I found the experience dealing directly with BT quite frustrating.

Conrad