[asterisk-users] PRI Backup

adebayo omo-dare bayo0 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 08:47:18 MST 2006

I don't know if this may at sometime help mr Wood, but BT, with their ISDN30* actually offer something called Site Assurance - the problem is that it does not automatically fail over, and according to the last memo I read - failover takes about 1 hr.

  A problem is that, due to outsourcing, product ranges, size issues, etc, a lot of people on BT's frontline are not really keyed up to their product offerings. Who knowns, maybe the failover process has been automated at this point in time.

Conrad Wood <asterisk-users at conradwood.net> wrote:

> making the call. I guess I could just add the call route to the other
> campus just below the my default call route. So if the primary call
> route fails, it will just go to the next line being the other campus.

That's precisely what I do with the main route out on ISDN, if that
fails, it switches over to various voip providers and even down to a
bluetooth enabled mobile ;).
it works quite allright for outgoing calls.
I believe for incoming calls you need to persuade your isdn supplier do
forward the call to ISDN-B if ISDN-A is hosed.
Here in UK I couldn't persuade BT to do so yet ;(

Conrad