[asterisk-users] Asterisk Hangups on PRI Interface

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Thu Sep 28 02:06:42 MST 2006

Hi Vicente,
I do not know if Sahil has a legacy PBX but you have....this is really
interesting because I do have an old legacy PBX connected to Asterisk
(via PRI trunk) which is connected to PRI telco.

The problem arises when I call from an analog phone connected to the
legacy PBX passing thru Asterisk to the telco.

In other words if I call number 12345 from legacy PBX I receive the
"Channel 0/5, span 1 got hangup request"  but it works if I use a SIP
phone connected to  Asterisk PBX. I think the secret is in zapata.conf
configuration..infact I  changed some values and magically I could make
outbound calls!!! The only drawback was I couldnt' receive any inbound
call!!

Do you have the same problem? If yes have you tried to call those bad
numbers from legacy phones and from SIP/IAX?

TIA

Giorgio Incantalupo