[asterisk-users] Leased line interconnect

Eric Bishop asterisk.eric at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:22:18 MST 2006

Hi all,

We are looking to interconnect 2 Asterisk boxes at seperate sites via a TDM
leased line, rather than IP mainly for commercial reasons. Our network
provider is offering us either a 31x64kbps leased line or an E1. Am I just
ignorant or are these the same thing? An E1 has 30 B channels and 1 D
channel. That is also I guess what we would run over the 31x64kbps leased
line so what is the difference? Which should I choose and would work best
with Asterisk.

Thanks.....