[asterisk-users] Polycom (and others) digitmap info

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Sep 22 14:01:01 MST 2006

There have been many threads regarding specific uses for digitmaps.

One of the most common is for the telephone to perform digit
substitution and prepend some digits. Never thought this was possible
until I found a reference in a Sipura tech note .

Anyway hope this helps someone.

Add something like <:9>xxxxxxxxxx to your digitmap and it will
prepend a 9 to the 10 digit number. Tried on my Polycom phone and
works great for just hitting dial when reviewing missed calls. Did
have a pattern match in my dialplan but it created other issues and
was removing it. This may actually work better.