[asterisk-users] Asterisk, Asterisk-Addons, Zaptel and Libpri 1.4 betas released!

Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Thu Sep 21 12:14:02 MST 2006

The Asterisk development team is very pleased to announce that we have
released the first 1.4 beta packages of all four of our projects!

The beta versions are:

Asterisk - 1.4.0-beta2 (beta1 was not released to the public)
Asterisk-Addons - 1.4.0-beta1
Zaptel - 1.4.0-beta1
libpri - 1.4.0-beta1

All of these releases include substantial new functionality and
performance improvements. The documentation detailing these changes is
still in process, so future beta releases will contain more complete
lists of the new features. There are a few functionality changes still
not yet complete for Asterisk, but we expect to have them finalized in
the next few days and merged into the beta release shortly.

In the specific case of Asterisk, there were quite a few changes made in
this release that are not backwards compatible with prior releases.
Users are encouraged to read the UPGRADE.txt file very closely before
starting to build, install and test this release, so that they will be
aware of changes they may need to make on their systems to accommodate it.

We encourage everyone to try out these releases on NON-PRODUCTION
systems and report their findings on the mailing lists and the issue
tracker; we'd like to move through this beta process as quickly as
possible and getting feedback is the fastest way for us to accomplish that.

As always, the releases are on our FTP servers, although there are no
patch versions available since this is the first release from the 1.4
branches. The releases have been signed by nearly every member of the
Digium development crew, for your GnuPG verification pleasure :-)

Thanks for supporting Asterisk, Zaptel and our other projects!