[asterisk-users] SPA941 -> Asterisk -> Voip provider -> PSTN -> ShoreTel garble

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:23:38 MST 2006

I am using the following setup:

Linksys SPA941 -> Asterisk -> NuFone -> PSTN -> ShoreTel system

The system works great for the most part.  Most people I call say it
sounds good.  However, every time I call a certain company that uses a
ShoreTel system, they claim the sound is garbled (understandable, but
not pleasant to listen to).  Everything sounds fine at my end.  If I
make a call w/ the following setup, it sounds fine:

Analog phone -> Asterisk:TDM400 -> NuFone -> PSTN -> ShoreTel system

So, it seems there is some type of weird interaction between my system
and the ShoreTel system if I use the SPA941 IP phone.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can start debugging this?

Thanks,
Cliff