[asterisk-users] Incoming calls, identify

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 20 13:00:37 MST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:48:17AM -0400, joea, j4computers wrote:
> Just delving into asterisk, using trixbox 1.2 and a TDM400p. The card
> will have two FXO and two FXS modules.
>
> Two incoming analog lines, which need to be treated as distinct
> entities. Meaning, for example, line 1= company1, line2=company2,
> or line 1= home line, line2=business line. In my limited setup and
> testing, did not see (obviously) how to do this. I would think this is
> fundamental and only my new-ish-ness is in the way.

You'll do that with separate contexts.  If you haven't read The Book

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=11

do so.  Do so before you ask stupid questions like *I* did, last night.  :-)

> Also, as the card does not have any docs with it, what is the power
> connector for? Is this necessary to allow ringer power to be supplied
> to analog phones?

Correct.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_