[asterisk-users] University dumps CISCO VoIP for Asterisk

joea, j4computers joea at j4computers.com
Wed Sep 20 06:04:20 MST 2006

Ferguson, Michael<ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM> Wrote on: 9/20/2006 8:03 AM:
> G'Day List,
>
> Interesting article. Enjoy
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/091206-von-sam-houston.html?t5
>
> Mike

The text states that asterisk cannot do "secretarial" functions, meaning one person, or admin, cannot answer multiple lines.

This relates a bit to my recent post, asking about servicing multiple lines.

Implication is that asterisk can do that, but I am now concerned that there is no "uber function" that can allow a single person answer any line, for reasons of convenience or design.  Problem is, this was understood, rightly or wrongly, to exist, in preliminary inquiries (not here) and is a part of a potential clients desire.

Can someone enlighten me?

joe