[asterisk-users] problems with Polycom 500 boot up

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Fri Sep 15 07:17:06 MST 2006

Dear Steve,

The phone may be looking for it's specific configuration files (not
phone1.cfg, but instead 0004F........cfg {or [mac].cfg}). In our past
experience, if the phone was ever formatted (fully formatted), the
phone will request this from the FTP server specified. Of course
confirm your phone's login to your FTP server is correct, confirm the
phone is logging in and grabbing the files (should be able to be done
through your FTP program's interface).

Also, as odd as this sounds, check your firewall on your network. In
the past, we've ran into some weird things happening where the
firewall will let some Polycom phones through, but not all. So
confirm your Polycom phone is talking to your FTP client (again your
log files can tell you this).

For further information, I suggest looking at one of our
knowledgeable articles on this topic: http://voipstore.atacomm.com/
Support/KB/ViewArticle.aspx/27934028032-1-24.htm

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com
V: 1-877-700-VOIP