[asterisk-users] Why not g726-32?

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:32:25 MST 2006

All,

is there anyone who uses g726-32 ? If not, then does anyone know why
don't people use it?

It's free, and provides the best compromise on quality, bandwidth and
cpu load (judging by it's specs and algorithm) and oh did I mention,
it's FREE?

So why don't people use it? Any ideas? Is it too good to be true or
it's not what it sounds like?

Oh and since I am only looking at codecs to use between the subscriber
and our system (no carriers involved), the popularity and ubiquity of
g729 and g711 aren't a qualifying factor for this particular
discussion :)

Thx
\R