[asterisk-users] about 'zap show channels'

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Thu Sep 14 19:41:28 MST 2006

I'm reporting that I've solved a problem to a question
I (believe) got no reply to, hoping it would help others.
Following are my work around on finding which zap channels
are currently on hold from the command line.

Among the results from,
$ asterisk -rx "zap show channels [n]"

the line "Real:" seems to indicate if a line is connected to
"music on hold" by adding the word "Linear".
By parsing the text for this keyword, you can check if a zap channel
is on hold or not.

My previous post was to ask why this feature was gone in the new
version, which turned out to be just me failing to setup MOH on the
reinstalled server.

--
David Shimamoto