[asterisk-users] One way audio problem on gateway to PSTN after some time, no NAT involved

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Thu Sep 14 01:44:52 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

since some weeks I experience strange problems on my gateways to the
PSTN. The gateways use chan_ss7 and SIP. My setup is roughly like that

SER --> Asterisk A --> Asterisk B (chan_ss7) --> PSTN

What happens is, that after a while (uptime was a least two days) the
gateway starts to not transmit audio to the PSTN on outgoing calls, but
the caller can still hear the called party. There is no NAT involved and
firewall rules allow the RTP ports defined in rtp.conf on both asterisk
(A and B) machines. The SIP packages look good, no errors messages from
asterisk or anything else, so I have really no idea what causes it and I
cannot reproduce it except by waiting till it happens again. :(

Now the strange thing is, that if I restart the asterisk all works fine
again. A reload does not help, only a restart. Until now I came across
this phenomenon two times on different machines and it all started about
three weeks ago. Before that I ran asterisk 1.2.10 on the machines and
then updated to 1.2.11. I looked through the Changelog but coulnd't find
anything that seems related, but I guess it's a bug that was introduced
somewhere between 1.2.10 and 1.2.11 ...

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Regards,
Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller