[asterisk-users] Unknown RTP codec 100 received

Thomas Artner artner at gmx.com
Wed Sep 13 12:23:39 MST 2006

Hi!

I have an analog fax machine connected to a sipura ATA which is connected to
my asterisk box.
In my asterisk box I have a digium card for a connection to the public
telephone network (analog).
On this digium card is also a us robotics sportster modem (analog) connected.

My problem:
I can send faxes from the analog faxmachine to the us robotics modem, but when
I try to send a fax to someone else (via the public phone network) it fails
and I get the following error message: Unknown RTP codec 100 received.

Does anyone have an idea why faxing to the analog modem works perfectly, and
why it fails if i try to send one "outside" ?

thx in advance,
tom