[asterisk-users] OT, Definity G3 Problems with Asterisk (Any Avaya

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Sep 13 09:05:33 MST 2006

BJ Weschke wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Steve Totaro <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
>> BJ Weschke wrote:
>> had it

>> cabinets.  The
>> System

>> > Sounds like a G3R. How are you signaling between the two? PRI?
>> >
>> Yes.  I have two ISDN communication processor links setup which I later
>> read on google was not supported.  Now I cannot remove the new entry.  I
>> just get "identifier not assigned"
>>

> What you'll want to do in order to set this up, is build a trunk
> group in DSA that consists of the two T1's, and then you'll want to
> build a signaling group that uses "isdn" signaling and then (probably
> 3-4 pages over in DSA) you'll want to assign all the channels of those
> T1s as "members" of that signaling group.
>
> On the asterisk side you'll want to setup the trunks as pri_net.
>
> Put a T1 crossover cable in between, if there's no carrier loops
> involved, and then you're done.

I had one working ok, then I added a second.  The problem (I think) is
that I have two communication processor links set to ISDN and through
google I have found that you can only have one.  I cannot remove the second.

Are you saying that it is ok to have two ISDN communication processor
links if I setup the way you are describing?  What is DSA?  It sounds
like you are describing an NFAS setup.

Thanks
Steve