[asterisk-users] OT, Definity G3 Problems with Asterisk (Any Avaya

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:41:40 MST 2006

On 9/13/06, Steve Totaro <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
> BJ Weschke wrote:

> >> I am not sure, it is a refrigerator sized unit with three cabinets.  The
> >> manual was printed in 1988 and is ATT&T Definity Communications System
> >> Generic1 and Generic3.
> >>
> >> If you need more, I can go to the remote system and provide more
> >> details.
> >>
> >> I REALLY appreciate you helping on this.
> >>

> > Sounds like a G3R. How are you signaling between the two? PRI?
> >
> Yes.  I have two ISDN communication processor links setup which I later
> read on google was not supported.  Now I cannot remove the new entry.  I
> just get "identifier not assigned"

 What you'll want to do in order to set this up, is build a trunk
group in DSA that consists of the two T1's, and then you'll want to
build a signaling group that uses "isdn" signaling and then (probably
3-4 pages over in DSA) you'll want to assign all the channels of those
T1s as "members" of that signaling group.

 On the asterisk side you'll want to setup the trunks as pri_net.

 Put a T1 crossover cable in between, if there's no carrier loops
involved, and then you're done.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/