[asterisk-users] Polycom Soundpoint Key Remap

Shawn Kelley shawn at accenttek.com
Tue Sep 12 11:16:47 MST 2006

I'm told by Adam below that I can use a Speed Dial to accomplish this.
However, I don't know how to map a speed dial to the key.
I know the syntax for mapping a function to it ( <IP_500
key.IP_500.31.function.prim="BuddyStatus"/> )
However, I don't know how to do a speed dial.

Any one out there know?

Thanks!
--Shawn

Shawn Kelley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to do a re-map of a key on the Polycom to make it
> dial a number.
>
> I know how to remap a key to a certain function, but I don't know how
> to make it dial a number.
>
> I'm wanting to re-map the "Service" key to dial *8 for a group pickup.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Shawn

AFAIK, you will need to tell it save a speed dial for *8, and then map
the key to dial the speed dial number that you saved it as.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adam