[asterisk-users] How to notify an ACD agent before he/she picks up

picciuX matteo at picciux.it
Tue Sep 12 05:25:12 MST 2006

doing it "the dialplan way":
if you log in your agents via AgentCallBackLogin, you can set the CallBack
extension to an extension managed by a macro, where the macro will do what
you need:

extensions.conf

[agents-exts]
exten => 100,1,Macro(stdagent|SIP/100|...)
exten => 101,1,Macro(stdagent|SIP/101|...)

[macro-stdagent]
exten => s,1,AGI(notify-agent)
exten => s,2,Dial(${ARG1}|...)

[agents-login]