[asterisk-users] Getting Incoming called from trxtel.com

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon Sep 11 10:38:24 MST 2006

 I am sure I am missing something obvious here, but I have searched this list,
and googled around with no real luck.

 I have quite a few SIP and IAX2 connections working like a champ into my
Asterisk setup, and saw I could setup a free inbound line from TRXtel, so
figured what the heck.

 As I am used to registering connections, and they say they don't do this, I
am at a bit of a loss to get this going.

 In my sip.conf I have:

[trxtel]
type=user
qualify=yes
host=static
dtmf=rfc2833
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=fromtrx
canreinvite=no
insecure=invite
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

In my extensions.conf I have:

[fromtrx]
exten => 502,1,Goto(aa_1,s,1)

As I just want any incoming calls from trx to go to my autoattendant.

Then on TRX's site when you put in your dial string, I have entered the
following:

SIP/502 at xxx.leadmon.net

If I look at the console output from asterisk I see:

    -- Executing AbsoluteTimeout("SIP/trxtel.com-b54322a8", "15") in new stack
    -- Set Absolute Timeout to 15
    -- Executing Congestion("SIP/trxtel.com-b54322a8", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-sip-external, 502, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/trxtel.com-b54322a8'

So sure I am missing something here, and hoped that maybe someone could give
me a few pointers on making this work.   Guessing someone has used them for
this purpose, but I just can't seem to search and scare up any notes on just
what all needed to be done.

I am more than happy to use SIP or IAX2 if anyone can help me come up with a
working configuration.   Thanks....

---
Howard Leadmon
http://www.leadmon.net