[asterisk-users] sip and iax over the internet (asterisk to asterisk) drop outs normal???

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Sep 11 10:45:26 MST 2006

I have two boxes on the net that support local phones in two offices.
I am not using any VOIP providers. Just local TDM04B cards then IAX
between offices.

I experience between offices drop outs, half way conversations things
like that.
Is that normal for asterisk to asterisk?

I have two 3 gig boxes and just 1 tdm card in each box for local lines.
typically there is no issue in an office. the only issue comes when calling
between offices.

Whats the feedback on others who have this setup. running calls over the
net using asterisk not a VOIP provider.

Do you experience drops outs, I can hear the person they cant hear me,
things like that.

I have a FULL T1 of data going to both offices. I have my QOS prioritizing
the SIP and IAX traffice. I use IAX2 between the two offices.

Thanks,

Jerry