[asterisk-users] Max Size of Conf Files

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Sep 10 16:08:24 MST 2006

I have almost 1,000 800 numbers that are routed any number of ways.
Currently I call on fastagi which checks a database and returns the
extension or route that DID is supposed to take.

The DIDs are all over the place as far as sequence, so pattern matching
is out of the question.

My question is, is there a max file size for a conf file?  Will defining
the routing for each of the 1,000 DIDs in extensions.conf effect
performance or eat up huge amounts of RAM?  I assume these numbers get
inserted into the BerkleyDB at startup and reload, can it handle it?

Any other pros or cons to still having a database, but instead of
fastagi asking for an exten on the fly, the database writes the conf
file only when routing is changed or toll free numbers are added?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro