[asterisk-users] Polycom related question

John Marvin jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Sun Sep 10 15:33:02 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

> If you look at the sample configs, you'll find:
> mailbox=1234 at default,1233 at default      ; Subscribe to status of multiple
> mailboxes
>
> in the sip.conf.samples for v1.2 stable. That is the only way that I
> know of to turn on the mwi for two different phones (eg, extensions).
>
> Is that what you're using and its not working?

I think that is the opposite of what Kevin is trying to do. The above
config is for one phone monitoring multiple voicemail boxes. Kevin wants
multiple (two) phones monitoring the same mailbox, i.e. he is probably
specifying the same mailbox within the config for each of the phones
that will be monitoring that mailbox.

I'm not sure why there would be any problems with that. Kevin, have you
tried just having one phone at a time do the monitoring, to make sure
there aren't any problems with the phone's config? When one misses a
notification, is it always the same phone that misses it? It's
interesting that the problem is intermittent, it would seem that if
Asterisk doesn't support this that it would only notify one phone each
time and that the results would be consistant.

John