[asterisk-users] Re: FW: Peter Dicks Chairman ofSportingbet PLC isarrested at JFK!!

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri Sep 8 12:50:20 MST 2006

Even in India, you can use VOIP for overseas calls coming from your own company.
You just can't sell services that allow people to call a PSTN number and then have their call sent over VOIP to another location.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

  "Alex Robar" <alex.robar at gmail.com> wrote in message news:9ffdc7570609081054m7832025dg5c2a9c1c35c14792 at mail.gmail.com...
  The biggest problem with your argument is that VoIP is not illegal anywhere. Voice over _internet_ is, but voice over the Internet protocol is not. Anyone in China is free to setup Asterisk to use within their offices. There's nothing illegal about it. It's using VoIP, but it's not transmitting it outside of your office. It's the calls that leave your office that matter... They're the ones that governments can tax.

  ...And if what Mark Spencer is doing isn't illegal, your post it most certainly OT... And definitely flame bait. Why troll about the US? There's US hating forums in a lot of places, go post your rants there.

  Alex