[asterisk-users] FW: Peter Dicks Chairman of Sportingbet PLC isarrested at JFK!!

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Fri Sep 8 09:57:34 MST 2006

Exactly so why aren't they trying to arrest the 50 million people in the
USA who have gambled online?

Mark (as far as I know) isn't actively checking with asterisk users for
what country they are in so therefore in the reciprocal eyes of the
indian government he is similarly breaking the law.

Basically what the USA government is charging Peter Dicks with is not
being a global policeman to enforce a USA law (which the WTO has already
ruled is illegal back in March
http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3434111 ).

The USA government can't enforce it's principals on the rest of the
world otherwise they are no better than the terrorists who are trying to
impose Sharia Law on the world.

I'm trying terribly not to take this discussion any further Off Topic
but realistically we live in a global society and the USA is
overstepping it's limits on international trade here. I appreciate this
isn't the best forum for it but this has much wider ramifications for
those of us who do business internationally in and with the USA.

Cheers,

Dean