[asterisk-users] Blind transfer 3/4 digits

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Sep 4 23:20:15 MST 2006

On Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:06 AM Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> In my opinion Asterisk remembers all numbers and therefore it does
> not wait for the 4, since it found a match. This is in VoIP (in my

If both phones enter the dialplan the same way and one phone does work then it should not be a problem with the dialplan or with the way Asterisk is doing the match. You pointed that out yourself. AFAIK there is no overlapping in the dialplan. Either the phone (when dialing, doing a SIP transfer etc.) or Asterisk (when doing an attended/unattended transfer) is waiting the specified time for more digits. If no other number is received it then feeds the received number in the dialplan.

So either your phone is just transmitting 601, Asterisk only understands 601 or you do have a problem with your dialplan. The only other option would be a general dialplan bug which is not too likely since most of us would have run into the exact same problem.

What do debugs on the Asterisk show you? Do a SIP debug etc. Are you using inband or outband DTMF?