[asterisk-users] Blind transfer 3/4 digits

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Sep 4 23:15:28 MST 2006

On Monday, September 04, 2006 3:22 PM Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> What's happen to you guys?

Nothing. Why?

> I am not yelling, just asking.

Maybe in a bit stressed out kind of way.

> It is sure not a dialplan question!

Without having all necessary information that is hard to say. Maybe one phone comes in a different context than the other etc. Lot's of things that could go wrong in the dialplan.

> If it would be a dialplan
> question, than it would be for each dialing, but it isn't.

If we are talking about the same context and same way of dialing: True.

> You mentioned SIP message and that makes me wonder! Are we not using
> here dtmf ??

I somehow had the impression that you are using the transfer button on the SNOM which would tell the SNOM to transfer the call. You are obviously talking about attended/unattended transfer via Asterisk only, correct? Then ignore my suggestion.

> If it is a sequence of "tones",

Well... If you are using inband DTMF: correct. Otherwise DTMF may correspond to SIP messages as well but let's not get into that. I suppose you are using inband DTMF and G.711?

> than why is it different if it is in
> a string (like snom) or another phone, with single tones?

If the dialplan is not responsible obviously the phones are behaving differently. Maybe the DTMF sequence is not transmitted correctly but on the other hand I am using SNOMs with inband DTMF without any problems. Maybe the phone (as others suggested) is doing some number/pattern matching magic which you have to fiddle with.

> If we understand this part, than is the question, where can I turn on
> the system to take a longer break between "tones" still as a string?

The default setup should not be a problem with SNOMs (at least I never read anything about it) but have a look at the features.conf options.

> That should proof my thoughts (and that
> without yelling, ... hehehehe)

But a lot of exclamationsmarks. :-) Just kidding.

As others pointed out: We (at least I) would need the entire picture (the relevant parts of your dialplan etc.) to really help you here.

Regards,
  JP