[asterisk-users] "best" BRI card ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Sep 1 23:50:52 MST 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 06:10:30PM +0200, Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
> Hi Julian,
> I'm using beronet BRI cards which are good and have autoconfiguring sw
> for installation. (I tried junghanns bristuff and I had more problems to
> install but maybe it is been improved lately). The only little
> disadvantage with beronet driver is that you have to use different
> configuration file (misdn.conf) because channels are treated in groups
> of "ports" and not as channels like Junghanns does.

Mind you, that quad/octo-BRI cards cost considerably more than a
single-port BRI card.

You can try using an HFC-S-based card. I figure that such cards are
usually cheap rather than "good" but I have no better specific details
about any such a card.

As for the drivers: I'm not well familiar with misdn and visdn. The
ZapBRI driver for HFC-S cards (zaphfc) could probably use a it of extra
care. This is aparant from the fact that it has two other variations:
the florz patch and vzaphfc .

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org