[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Linksys PAP2 ATA

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Sat Sep 2 08:29:51 MST 2006

Hi Corey,

I spend 2 hours with REALLY bad docs on how to "Unlock" the PAP2 Vonage I
got from Office Max. I bought it the second I saw a glimpse of an articaly
that it could be turned back into an NA. Anyone want to try this? The nes
ones one the shelf in my area had 3.1.3 code already, but if you put
together a few seperate "How-To's" ya can get a really simple procedure
and the files to clean out Vonage and I can say my kids LOVE the new
phones in their rooms to play house with ;) (So yeah, end result was
actually 30 seconds and two reboots on the unit and it's Vonage Free and
happily on my Asterisk network)

So now I am looking at the Linksys SPA3000 to use as a poor-man's FXO
port. It looks like this is an easier task doc's wise. Anyone set this up?

Nick
If anyone wants the final steps I used on the PAP2 lemme know.

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,