[asterisk-users] Grandstream ATA 286 tdm400 and Asterisk 1.2-13

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 09:17:52 MST 2006

Hi people,

I would like to read your suggestions as to where the issue might be.
ATA286=Grandstream Budgetone ATA 286 in SIP mode. One Lan Port and one FXS port.
TDM04B= 4 FXO signal fxls
There is a 8FXO-to-SIP unit in this scenario that works perfectly so i
will not make mention of it.

PSTN----VOIPprovider---Internet---ATA286------tdm04b---Asterisk1.2.-13

Asterisk is being used as a meetme server for 8 more calls.

Everything works fine in terms of the asterisk/meetme. The issue
arises when the calls comes in via the ATA286 box and in any part of
the meeting the CALLER hangs up but the ata286 does not realize the
caller hung up so the channels remains open and everyone in the room
hears a "busy" signal. After 30 seconds the ATA286 hangs up (I guess
due to timeout) and then the tdm04b hungs the channel and then the
meetme room gets back to normal.

This is an ATA286 issue right? nothing to do with the TDM or the asterisk box?
Since I do not own the ATA286 (the voip provider does) would you
recommend something to be asked/changed to the provider of the ATA?

Thanks,