[asterisk-users] Grandstream ATA 286 tdm400 and Asterisk 1.2-13

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Mon Oct 30 20:49:28 MST 2006

Erick Perez wrote:

> PSTN----VOIPprovider---Internet---ATA286------tdm04b---Asterisk1.2.-13
>
> Asterisk is being used as a meetme server for 8 more calls.
>
> Everything works fine in terms of the asterisk/meetme. The issue
> arises when the calls comes in via the ATA286 box and in any part of
> the meeting the CALLER hangs up but the ata286 does not realize the
> caller hung up so the channels remains open and everyone in the room
> hears a "busy" signal. After 30 seconds the ATA286 hangs up (I guess
> due to timeout) and then the tdm04b hungs the channel and then the
> meetme room gets back to normal.

The ATA will be getting the hangup - it'll be what's generating the busy
tone you hear when the SIP session between the ATA and your VoIP
provider is terminated.

If you can get your provider to enable the P205 "Polarity Reversal"
setting on the ATA, the ATA will reverse the polarity of the voltage on
it's FXS port when and outgoing call is answered (outbound calls), and
when the remote end hangs up (for calls in either direction).

You'll then be able to set hanguponpolarityswitch=yes in zapata.conf,
and hangups should then be detected almost immediately (with luck,
before any tones are heard).

HTH,
    Nic.

--