[asterisk-users] PRI (TE205P) allways RED/NOP

Florian Hars hars at bik-gmbh.de
Thu Oct 26 01:54:21 MST 2006

I have a TE205P, jumpered for E1, added the missing wct4xxp-line to
/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel, zaptel.conf is just

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow

bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
bchan=32-46
dchan=47
bchan=48-62

Which, according to my reading of the documentation I could find, should be
correct. ztcfg doesn't complain about anything, yet all I ever get is  RED
NOTOPEN for both spans, and the red blinking pattern on the card changes from
alternating to synchronous.
Am I missing something obvious? Did I install during the wrong phase of the
moon?

And what exactly *is* the meaning of the RED alert? Hardware on fire?
Configuration Error? No Cable (this would be plausible, I only want to connect
it to the ISDN net once the configuration is in a sensible state)?

Yours, Florian Hars.