[asterisk-users] Problem with 3-way calls from a Sipura ATA

Whisker, Peter peter.whisker at logicacmg.com
Thu Oct 26 04:44:52 MST 2006

I have an Asterisk servers (recent SVN version 1.2) and two Sipura ATAs
(one 2000 and one 1001).

I have Three-way Conf Serv and Three-way Call Serv enabled on both ATAs.

When I make a SIP call from phone 1 to phone 2 on my Asterisk box, it
works fine, then when I press the hookflash on phone 1, the caller on
phone 2 is placed on hold (Asterisk MoH plays). I get the "second dial
tone" on the Sipura and dial another extension (phone 3) from phone 1
and it rings and I am connected. Now, if I press hookflash again on
phone 1, it switches the connection to phone 2, but phone 3 is placed on
hold rather than getting conferenced in.

Anyone got any idea why the three-way call might not be working in these
circumstances?

The message type for setting of Hookflash (none, AVT, INFO) seems to
make no difference. I normally set it to "none" as it should be handled
locally rather than get sent to Asterisk.

Thanks
Peter