[asterisk-users] "No Authority Found"

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Oct 25 15:32:25 MST 2006

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> Another thing is my understanding of the "peer," "user" and "friend." I
> thought that a "peer" can only receive calls from either a user or a
> friend, a "user" sends calls to a peer or friend and a friend is both a
> peer and a user, however in my production machine I have the following
> configured:

You have it backwards.

Peers terminate calls--that is they provide a connection to a remote
endpoint.

Users originate calls into your system from the outside world.

Friends do both, but last I knew the cheeses have deprecated the use of
friend in favor of explicit peers and users.

And yes, this certainly could impact your connections both inbound and
outgoing, causing the error message you report.

B.

believed to be clean.