[asterisk-users] "No Authority Found"

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Wed Oct 25 17:06:02 MST 2006

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
>

>> Another thing is my understanding of the "peer," "user" and "friend."
>> I thought that a "peer" can only receive calls from either a user or
>> a friend, a "user" sends calls to a peer or friend and a friend is
>> both a peer and a user, however in my production machine I have the
>> following configured:
>>

> You have it backwards.
>
> Peers terminate calls--that is they provide a connection to a remote
> endpoint.
Not true, peers can originate calls into the system as well. When
asterisk receives an inbound SIP call it will match the IP against the
list of peers. See comments from 1.2 sip.conf

; type = user   a device that authenticates to us by "from" field to
place calls
; type = peer   a device we place calls to or that calls us and we match
by host

Leo