[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Mon Oct 23 15:53:12 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 17:59 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> On 10/23/06, Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:
>         I just try with single authentication DISA, doesn't work,
>         password is
>         not recognized.
>
> Try without any disa whatsoever

I think DISA has to be there as it gives access to internal dial tone,
isn't it?
I can be without password,

[snip]
> Did you try exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain() as I said above with
> NOTHING BETWEEN THE PARENTHASIS???

Thank you, Yes It Works! It works without parenthesis.
I was trying to make make it to work with one "voicemail" context but in
this case I will create another "voicemail_outside" context without
anything between parenthesis for outside access.
exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain()

>         In this case all internal callers can access their
>         voicemailbox without
>         password but when a call comes from an external source PSTN
>         line it is
>         asking for password and it goes through correctly:
>         vm_execmain: Specified user 'pstn1270' not found (check
>         voicemail.conf
>         and/or realtime config).  Falling back to authentication mode.
>         (as the user "pstn1270" is not in voicemail.conf file)
>         but without the "|s" somehow it is distorting the caller ID
>         from
>         "pstn1270" to
>         'tn127011' that is why it doesn't work, but I can not
>         pin-point what is
>         changing caller ID.
>
> You said the mailbox number is  11 and the caller ID Is correctly
> "pstn1270" and incorrectly "tn127011".... since the mailbox number is
> 11, I don't see how "fixing" (what does your CDR say??) this issue
> will fix your voicemail issue. Why do you insist on using the caller
> ID? Remember what you are trying to do, if user has to dial into the
> system from an outside phone their CALLER ID WILL NOT BE THEIR MAILBOX
> NUMBER.

As I've mentioned above I was trying to get by with one [voicemail]
context but I guess I'll have two.

> For the last time, try:
>
> exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain()
>

> inside your disa-access context, and get rid of the old voicemail
> include statement. That will work, here is a detailed sequence of
> events
>
> Enter disa password, press #
>
> At the dial tone dial 1000
>
> System says "Comedian Mail. Mailbox?"
>
> You dail the mailbox number which you stated above is "11" So press
> the "1" key on your telephone, if you wish you can dial "#" after, if
> not just wait.
>
> System says "Password?"
>
> You dial the password, if you want you can press "#" after it, if not
> just wait
>
> I'm not going to respond to this thread any more. I've given you step
> by step EXACTLY what to do, anyone else would have gotten a USD 100 ++
> bill for that advice.

Thanks Andrew for your patience.

--
#Joseph