[asterisk-users] checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:59:34 MST 2006

On 10/23/06, Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:

> I just try with single authentication DISA, doesn't work, password is
> not recognized.

Try without any disa whatsoever

[snip]
> >         the authentication is giving me access to voicemail
> >         but password is not recognized.
> >
> > It's giving you access to the voicemailmain application. What is the
> > mailbox? Is it
>
> Mailbox number is "11"
>
> >  PSTN3434 like your caller ID? If you are calling in from (presumably)
> > "any" phone does it make sense to use the caller id as the mailbox
> > number? Why not use this:
> >

> >         [voicemail]
> >         exten => 1000,1,NoCDR()
> >         exten => 1000,2,Answer()
> >         exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
> >
> >         [disa-access]
> >         include => tollfree
> >         exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain()
>
> It only works if I disable password with "|s"
> exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM}|s)

Did you try exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain() as I said above with NOTHING
BETWEEN THE PARENTHASIS???

In this case all internal callers can access their voicemailbox without
> password but when a call comes from an external source PSTN line it is
> asking for password and it goes through correctly:
> vm_execmain: Specified user 'pstn1270' not found (check voicemail.conf
> and/or realtime config).  Falling back to authentication mode.
> (as the user "pstn1270" is not in voicemail.conf file)
> but without the "|s" somehow it is distorting the caller ID from
> "pstn1270" to
> 'tn127011' that is why it doesn't work, but I can not pin-point what is
> changing caller ID.

You said the mailbox number is  11 and the caller ID Is correctly "pstn1270"
and incorrectly "tn127011".... since the mailbox number is 11, I don't see
how "fixing" (what does your CDR say??) this issue will fix your voicemail
issue. Why do you insist on using the caller ID? Remember what you are
trying to do, if user has to dial into the system from an outside phone
their CALLER ID WILL NOT BE THEIR MAILBOX NUMBER.

For the last time, try:

exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain()

inside your disa-access context, and get rid of the old voicemail include
statement. That will work, here is a detailed sequence of events

Enter disa password, press #

At the dial tone dial 1000

System says "Comedian Mail. Mailbox?"

You dail the mailbox number which you stated above is "11" So press the "1"
key on your telephone, if you wish you can dial "#" after, if not just wait.

System says "Password?"

You dial the password, if you want you can press "#" after it, if not just
wait

I'm not going to respond to this thread any more. I've given you step by
step EXACTLY what to do, anyone else would have gotten a USD 100 ++ bill for
that advice.