[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 23:09:27 MST 2006

I do use just one context for voicemail. This is like the T-Mobile voicemail
center (IE: 305-776-MAIL).....

voicemailservice.gsm is "You've reached the voicemail system. If you have a
voicemailbox on this system, press star. To leave a message for another
customer enter their ten digit number now" however "customer" should be
subscriber.

[voicemail-service]
exten => 4193016245,1,GoTo(voicemailaccess,1)

exten => voicemailaccess,1,MailboxExists(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => voicemailaccess,102,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => voicemailaccess,2,Background(voicemailservice)
exten => voicemailaccess,3,Background(silence/10)
exten => voicemailaccess,4,GoTo(voicemailaccess,1)

exten => *,1,VoiceMailMain
exten => *,2,Hangup

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,VoiceMail(u${EXTEN:1})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,VoiceMail(u${EXTEN})