[asterisk-users] checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Mon Oct 23 13:36:39 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 15:34 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

>         Second authentication DISA is for additional security
>
> Actually that's called paranioa

I just try with single authentication DISA, doesn't work, password is
not recognized.
[snip]
>         the authentication is giving me access to voicemail
>         but password is not recognized.
>
> It's giving you access to the voicemailmain application. What is the
> mailbox? Is it

Mailbox number is "11"

>  PSTN3434 like your caller ID? If you are calling in from (presumably)
> "any" phone does it make sense to use the caller id as the mailbox
> number? Why not use this:
>

>         [voicemail]
>         exten => 1000,1,NoCDR()
>         exten => 1000,2,Answer()
>         exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
>
>         [disa-access]
>         include => tollfree
>         exten => 1000,1,VoicemailMain()

It only works if I disable password with "|s"
exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM}|s)

In this case all internal callers can access their voicemailbox without
password but when a call comes from an external source PSTN line it is
asking for password and it goes through correctly:
vm_execmain: Specified user 'pstn1270' not found (check voicemail.conf
and/or realtime config).  Falling back to authentication mode.
(as the user "pstn1270" is not in voicemail.conf file)
but without the "|s" somehow it is distorting the caller ID from
"pstn1270" to
'tn127011' that is why it doesn't work, but I can not pin-point what is
changing caller ID.

--
#Joseph