[asterisk-users] CID Issues

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Mon Oct 23 07:19:32 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "mail-lists" <mail-lists at peachnet.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: [asterisk-users] CID Issues

> Hello,
>
> I've posted this at the trixbox and freepbx forums and haven't been able
> to get an answer. I thought perhaps the guru's here might be able to help
> me out :)
>
> I'm having some issues with setting caller IDs. There are 2 problems that
> I would like to solve.
>
> 1. I have a DID pointing to a ring group. The only 'extension' in that
> ring group is an external number (cell phone). So essentially the DID fwds
> to a cell phone. The problem is that the CID that shows up on the Cell
> phone is the number that's set on the outgoing trunk the the CALLERS #. Is
> there a simple way to override this? Or better yet, is there a prefered
> method for forwarding calls out with freePBX?

I dont mean to be harsh but learn the "real" asterisk. trixbox is a crutch
for asterisk. I have not used trixbox enough to know how they generate the
dialplan files to tell you how to mod them. One thing you can check is to
see if your VOIP provider allows you to set the caller ID at all. I know
some providers wont even let you change it.