[asterisk-users] CID Issues

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Oct 23 08:21:18 MST 2006

mail-lists wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've posted this at the trixbox and freepbx forums and haven't been able
> to get an answer. I thought perhaps the guru's here might be able to
> help me out :)
>
> I'm having some issues with setting caller IDs. There are 2 problems
> that I would like to solve.
>
> 1. I have a DID pointing to a ring group. The only 'extension' in that
> ring group is an external number (cell phone). So essentially the DID
> fwds to a cell phone. The problem is that the CID that shows up on the
> Cell phone is the number that's set on the outgoing trunk the the
> CALLERS #. Is there a simple way to override this? Or better yet, is
> there a prefered method for forwarding calls out with freePBX?

I cannot help you with Trixbox, only Asterisk.

Are you using PRI, Analog, or VoIP for your outgoing call?

If PRI or VoIP AND the carrier permits it, you can manually set the
Caller*ID before the Dial() line using SetCIDNum.

You can also do a "show application dial" in the Asterisk CLI, pay
special attention to the "o" option to Dial()