[asterisk-users] CID Issues

Tom Vile tvile at baldwintechsolutions.com
Mon Oct 23 07:05:08 MST 2006

On 10/23/06, mail-lists <mail-lists at peachnet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've posted this at the trixbox and freepbx forums and haven't been able
> to get an answer. I thought perhaps the guru's here might be able to
> help me out :)
>
> I'm having some issues with setting caller IDs. There are 2 problems
> that I would like to solve.
>
> 1. I have a DID pointing to a ring group. The only 'extension' in that
> ring group is an external number (cell phone). So essentially the DID
> fwds to a cell phone. The problem is that the CID that shows up on the
> Cell phone is the number that's set on the outgoing trunk the the
> CALLERS #. Is there a simple way to override this? Or better yet, is
> there a prefered method for forwarding calls out with freePBX?

Are you allowed to set your own CallerID on outbound calls from your
provider?

2. I have sevaral trixbox installs connected through DUNDI. The DUNDI
> works very well.. I can call local extensions from every PBX. The PBX's
> are connected via an IAX trunk. In freePBX I've created a custom trunk
> that accepts a 4 digit extension and puts the call into a 'trydundi'
> context. The problem I'm having is that whenever someone calls from an
> extension at one location to an extension at another location the
> CallerID that shows up at the other location is the one set either in #1
> The custom trunk, or #2 in the 'Outbound CID' field in the users screen.
> What I WANT this to be set to is the Name of the extension ie. just like
> local calls are. Is there a way to do this painlessly. Is it possible to
> hook dundi into a different context so that it would think all calls are
> local.. I'm kinda guessing here.
>

> Sorry about the length of these descriptions and thanks for any advice!

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Fax:     518-631-2856