[asterisk-users] wrong outgoing caller id with PRI lines: maybe usecallingpres involved?

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sun Oct 22 17:48:21 MST 2006

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> Shouldn't it also acquire the callerid of whatever device placed the
> call? IE: IP phones callerid= in sip.conf or even the phone itself?
A little clarification: when you send callerid out to the PSTN, it has
to match the format of the PSTN. Suppose your phone extension is 1000,
naturally its caller ID is 1000. That's fine and well for internal
calls. For an external call: when the PBX sends 1000 to the PSTN, the
exchange will reject it and send the pilot number instead. You'll need a
translation rule to map the your extension to the DDI you want to send
to the PSTN.

It's similar in Cisco CM, you need to apply a Calling Party Mask to make
sure your caller ID will be sent in the correct format.

Leo.