[asterisk-users] wrong outgoing caller id with PRI lines: maybe usecallingpres involved?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 22 20:10:54 MST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 08:48:21AM +0800, Leo Ann Boon wrote:
> A little clarification: when you send callerid out to the PSTN, it has
> to match the format of the PSTN. Suppose your phone extension is 1000,
> naturally its caller ID is 1000. That's fine and well for internal
> calls. For an external call: when the PBX sends 1000 to the PSTN, the
> exchange will reject it and send the pilot number instead.

You're an optimist.

Lots of switches don't do any verification at all.

Or do you know someone who's CNID is *really* 000-123-4567?   :-)

Last time I got into this (which was about 10 years ago), 5ESS's are
really picky, and DMS-100's don't much give a crap (or didn't then)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_