[asterisk-users] wrong outgoing caller id with PRI lines: maybe usecallingpres involved?

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sat Oct 21 18:27:27 MST 2006

Massimiliano Stucchi wrote:
> On 201006, 10:06, Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>> I do not use extensions.conf so I cannot show anything but I can assure
>> that I do not set the callerid except for parameters inside zapata.conf:
>>
>> usecallerid = yes
>> callerid = asreceived
>>

> I guess the problem is at the telco's side, since the CLI that is shown
> seems to be the first one of the numbering scheme.  I suppose what you

That's the default ISDN behavior. If you don't set the caller id, it
will always send the pilot number. The usecallerid and callerid are for
incoming, when used on a trunk. They don't apply to outgoing calls. You
need to set the callerid if you want the DDI number to be sent instead
of the pilot number.